Sunday, February 27, 2011

How to Look French: The Infinity Scarf


          Since I've been in France, the thing I've stocked up on the most (if you don't count all the pain au chocolats stored in my stomach) is these chic circular scarves. I love how cozy and warm they are, and how they can make an average outfit less boring. I especially love the over-sized knit ones, like on the model above. I brought them home at Christmas for all my friends! 

How to wear an infinity scarf:


          Although these are obviously Americans, both of these celebs have made very French statements, Jessica Alba by picking a scarf in leopard print (you can find just about anything in leopard print here), and Kim Kardashian by pairing her scarf with a leather jacket and high boots. The scarves look equally cool doubled like on Jessica, or hanging loose like on Kim. If it rains, they could even be turned into hoods, which is why some people call them "snoods."

How NOT to wear an infinity scarf:

"A" for effort, though.

1 comment: