B has given me this Stylish Blogger Award, which is a particular honor since her blog is so kick ass, itself. The rules are that I am now supposed to list seven things about myself, and then pass the award on. So allons-y!
And finally, I pass the Stylish Blogger Award on to FranceyPants, because she is very funny. The stories about her students lovingly remind me of my own little delinquents.
|He may look adorable and innocent, but don't be fooled.|
- I have a yellow lab, whose cuteness stems largely from the fact that he is really, really stupid. We're talking runs-into-walls-level stupid. For example, one time, I went downstairs to play with him and noticed that he looked a little guilty. But I examined the room and nothing seemed out of place, no tell-tale signs of torn up paper, and nothing was missing, so I shrugged it off. I took him out, and then played with him for about five minutes. Then, randomly, he spit out a plug. An electrical outlet plug. We both stared at it for a beat, and then he turned around and nonchalantly walked away. I soon determined that he had chewed through the copper and wires to obtain the plug from my blender, and then kept it in his mouth for about ten minutes, just for fun. My dog is retarded.
- I love bread, and other carb-related products. This is a very dangerous thing for someone who lives in France, and is probably the reason I expanded rapidly as soon as I set foot here. These baguettes are just too damned good. And cheap. And good.
- To say that I love reading is an understatement. One of my life-goals is to have a library of epic proportions in my house, complete with fireplace, high-backed armchairs, the ladders that slide across the shelves, perhaps some hunting hounds and a crystal carafe of scotch. I have from now until when I get my library to force myself to like scotch. It is obviously the drink of all libraries.
- I love fashion, so I very much enjoy French people-watching. I consider this a good opportunity to absorb as much French style as possible before I have to go home to the Ugg-boot ridden, Juice Couture sweatpants-covered Fashion Hell which is Californian suburbia.
- I love to travel, and have been talking trips to different French cities every weekend. The places I have left on my To Do List are: Strasbourg and Colmar, Toulouse, Bordeaux, St-Remy-en-Provence, Marseille and Cassis, and then the Riviera, including Nice, Monaco, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Cannes, Eze, Antibes, and St. Tropez. And I've got until my program ends in May to do it.
- I love crafts, so it is safe to say that once I'm back in California, I'm going to scrapbook the bejesus out of this trip. But I also love to make cards. My friends are familiar with the fact that I often spam them with homemade cards for many useless occasions, not because I want them to know that I love them, but because I just spent six hours on a Fringe-watching, card-making marathon and now I have nothing to do with all of them. So... happy Tuesday!
- I'm using the automatic post feature for this blog entry, because as of today, I have gone to meet my boyfriend in Paris. I cannot believe that the events of my life have aligned in such a way that I can say that sentence. Is this real life?
|The Pont des Arts, in Paris|